Saturday, February 12, 2011

Area? Again? Wow!

Last night was a great night! I will remember that night for the rest of my life. The first time our boys varsity basketball team beat, oh wait, let me rephrase that. The first time our boys varsity basketball team CREAMED Athens Bible School!!! That's right, creamed! It was one of the most exciting, back and forth game.  The final score was 71-50! We had about 25 students go on a bus to go support our boys playing. And the crowd helped the boys a lot! We were constantly yelling and screaming whenever anything happened. Ha ha. The boys played their hearts out last night. And we could tell that they wanted to win that game so badly! The coolest thing that happened that night was when Cameron and John would switch back and forth and get three, after three, after three in a row! Yes, IN A ROW! When this happened, was when I jumped up in the air so high and just started yelling "Now DAT'S WHAT'S UP RIGHT THERE! THAT'S HOW WE DO!"

Cameron. (picture from Mrs.case)

If you can't see, this is Paul swinging his shirt in the air. He did that ever time we scored or did something amazing
I don't ever remember yelling that loud at a basketball game. That's how crazy and amazing the game was. Cause if you know me, I yell the entire game. I yell as if I was out there with the players. It gets pretty crazy. Those who know me very well you would know what I'm talking about. But now that it is the day after the big game, I just think of that game as how we are with our constant battle with Satan. We put our all into the game, don't back down, work as a team, and just hustle for every loose ball. Then come out with a win. It's the best victory. And those boy;'s last night deserved that win, because they never backed down, never quite. They kept pursuing to the goal. No matter if some big boy was in the way, they found a way to get around that big obstacle. Which totally goes with our battle as a believer.

"Air"Jordan going in for a nice lay up. He gets it in of course!
Now, this Monday and Friday the boys are going to area and the regional tournament! Later on this coming week you will be able to hear how the boys did. Because our boys, they are warriors!

1 comment:

  1. By the way, the boys lost their last game on friday. But they did an amazing job this year! :]

    ReplyDelete